Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Black and White

Hi everyone,

Its been a little chilly and wet so far this week, I hope that where ever you are it is nice weather.

I have an unsual card that I thought you might like to see, there is a brilliant Challenge on 
Magnolia Down Under, its Black & White, not a colour combination that I find easy to do but I do like a challenge ha, ha!



 "Santa on Christmas Eve"

I thought it might be different to 'dress' Santa in a grey suit with a red sack instead of the other way round, I have set santa in a Forest of La La Land trees edged with silver versa color ink, along with a La La Land heart fence, Memory box Bianca Snowflake (which is gorgeous) also Magnolia Doohickey's Snowflake. I did cut an Icicle Border from Cottage Cutz for the top of the card but it disapeared under snowflakes (it must have snowed hard when my back was turned) there is another one inside though as you can see below...



There is a rather gorgeous Post Card to Santa that I found in the Pink Gem Design site whilst looking through their Christmas section - I was sooo pleased to find it, it will get used an awful lot with the run up to Christmas LOL.

I did try to stay true to the black and white theme but its a little tricky, I had to have some red somewhere, and just a little black ribbon bow from my stash.  I wanted more white than black so I've used pearl strips on the fence and icicle on the inside of the card and not to forget lots and lots of Ranger Star Dust Stickles - along with some Kaiser craft flowers, 


I just love glitter as you can see from the close up of Santa!

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:






Until next time,

2 comments:

  1. Sandy, this is fabulous, Hun. Love your sweet Magnolia Santa and beautiful design. Thank you for sharing it with us at Magnolia-licious.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a beatiful christmascard!!! I love those snowflakes, they ARE truly gorgeuss! Great folding and I love the glitter aswell :).
    Thanks for playing along with us at MDUC this week!
    Hugs Lillemor

    ReplyDelete

Backgrounds using New 2022 In Colours

 Hello, welcome back to my blog. When I saw the new In Colours for 2022-2023 I wasn't sure they were really my colours.   So thought I w...