Thursday, August 27, 2015

August Mood Board - Dusty Attic

Hi everyone,

This is my first attempt at a canvas hope you like it! Its for someone special and I hope she doesn't see it until her birthday!

Its a 30x40cm canvas I've used a 12 x 12" Kaisercraft "flutter' template, "Damask" 7 a Heidi Swapp "Stars, Hearts & Dots" template with homemade smooth texture paste (1/4 cup Baby powder, 1 tablespoon school craft glue, 1 tablespoon white craft paint, a little water, mix together) actually this recipe is from the lovely Gabrielle Pollacco's blog click here 

Using Versa color inks in various colours for the butterflies with Perfect Pearls to add shimmer, I added a little BoBunny Silver glitter paste to the corners and BoBunny Doubledot in Island Mist, Tutu & Coral in the 'waves' at the bottom of the canvas.

The Birds nest #2 and Vintage key are from Dusty Attic, I just love them, the bird cage is Tim Holtz, the words are Kaisercraft "True Romance"..


I'm pretty pleased with how this turned out, the photo isn't great as its raining hard here so the light is poor, so my apologises!

I would like to enter this into the

Dusty Attic Blog - August Mood Board

until next time, take care,

8 comments:

  1. simply breathtaking! love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank lovely, I hope she likes it too! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can not wait for our rains to start to wash away all the dust from winter...then we will also have a show of Butterflies nearly as beautiful as yours.....Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at Dusty Attic...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That texture looks yummy! And I've written the recipe down, so thanks for passing it on! And the butterflies and the way you've designed your canvas are stunning. I'm sure it will be a much adored gift. Brill use our our Dusty Attic chippies, too....so happy to see you joining us this month:))

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! I hope a certain person loves it! Thanks for playing along at The Dusty Attic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your canvas and especially those colours! Thanks for playing along with Dusty this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, yes, my daughter loved it! Looks like I will be making more lol! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE butterflies!! Such a beautiful canvas!! Thank you for joining us at Dusty Attic for the Inspiration this month!!!

    ReplyDelete

Backgrounds using New 2022 In Colours

 Hello, welcome back to my blog. When I saw the new In Colours for 2022-2023 I wasn't sure they were really my colours.   So thought I w...