Friday, September 15, 2017

70th Wedding Anniversary Card

Hello,

I was commissioned recently to make a very Special card for a 70th Wedding Anniversary in September!

I was given photos of the couple on their wedding day on the 13th September 1947 - how amazing is that..


I made a Z fold card with Foamiran flowers symbolising white Gardenia's & a Pink Orchid which was given to the bride by a close neighbour for her bouquet on the day!


a close up of the flowers on the front of the card,


inside with a lovely photo of the couple Joyce & Alex with the announcement from the newspaper of the day, behind this is a tag with a small photo of the couple,


inside the back folds I've put a photo of the couple on honeymoon with a tag for their daughter to write a poem,


I made a box for the card to be stored in with red flowers the bridesmaids hand in their bouquets (which turned out to be red Camellia's) on the lid, the bridesmaids wore green dresses in a similar colour to the ribbons on the box,


this photo show's a clear box I made to display the card!

I have to say this card was a labour of love for me, I was so pleased with how it turned out.

The lady who commissioned me to make it was so thrilled she had tears, I have to admit I did too!

so until next time, happy crafting, stay safe..


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandy, I Just have to say, I think you card is so very, very beautiful, I adore it! How lovely to have such an old photograph to use on such a special and meaningful project. Hugs Zowie xx

    ReplyDelete

Backgrounds using New 2022 In Colours

 Hello, welcome back to my blog. When I saw the new In Colours for 2022-2023 I wasn't sure they were really my colours.   So thought I w...